- Ground Beef (1 LB)
- Ground Lamb (1 LB)
- Onion (1)
- Garlic (2 Cloves)
- Pine Nuts (1/4 Cup)
- Parsley (1/2 Cup)
- Tomatoes (1/4 Cup)
- Ground Cinnamon (1 1/2 TSP)
- Allspice (1 1/2 TSP)
- Grated Nutmeg (3/4 TSP)
- Salt (1 1/2 TSP)
- Black Pepper (1 1/2 TSP)
- Bamboo Skewers
- Ranch Dressing (1 Cup)
- Sumac (1 TSP)
- Lemon Juice (2 TBSP)
- Cucumbers and Tomatoes (For Garnish)
- Lavash or pita bread
- In a large deep bowl, add one pound of ground beef and one pound of ground lamb.
- Mince one onion and two cloves of garlic and add them to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of pine nuts to the bowl.
- Chop 1/2 cup of fresh parsley and add it to the bowl.
- Dice one tomato or 1/4 of a cup and add it to the bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to the bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of allspice to the bowl.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg to the bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper each, to the bowl.
- Combine everything together and set aside.
- In a deep rectangular dish, add 2 cups of water and place the bamboo skewers in there for about 10-30 minutes. This process is important because it will keep the skewers from cooking along with the food.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. In a small deep bowl, add one cup of ranch dressing. Then add one teaspoon of sumac and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix everything together.
- For garnish, cut up some cucumbers and tomatoes.
- After the skewers have soaked, take about half cup portion of the mixture and shape into logs onto the skewers. Do the same for all.
- To grill the skewers, set the grill on high for about 10 minutes then when you are ready to grill the kufta, spray the grill with pam or olive oil.
- Place the skewers onto the grill and grill them for about 12-14 minutes turning occasionally. If you hear them sizzling then turn the heat down a little.
- When all of them have cooked, take pita bread or lavash bread and assemble one kufta, add the sauce and garnish with cucumbers and tomatoes.