Beryani (Rice, Chicken and Veggies)
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Vegetable Oil (5/8 Of a Cup all together)
- Beriany Spice, 1 1/2 Teaspoons all together
- Curry Spice, 1 1/2 Teaspoons all together
- Onions, 3 small (Vegetable Oil, 1 Tablespoon) (Salt, 1 Teaspoon) (Beriany Spice,1 Teaspoon) (Curry Spice, 1/2 Teaspoon)
- Frozen Pees, 1 Cup (Vegetable Oil, 1 Teaspoon)
- Pine Nuts, 1 Cup (Vegetable Oil, 1 Teaspoon)
- Potato, 1Large (Vegetable Oil, 1/4 Cup) (Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon)
- Chicken Stock, 2 Cups
- Rice, 2 Cups ( Vegetable Oil, 1/4 Cup) (Curry Spice,1 Teaspoon) (Beriany Spice, 1/2 Teaspoon)
- Cut up/ shred apart the rotisserie chicken throwing away the skin and bones.
- Slice up 3 onions into uniform half moon. Very thin.
- In a medium Sauce pan, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil and add the onions.
- Two minutes after sautéing the onions, add one teaspoon of salt. Then add Beriany Spice, one teaspoon. Then add Curry spice, 1/2 teaspoon. Sauté for 5 more minutes, then turn off and add to the bowl of chicken.
- In the same medium sauce pan, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add one cup of frozen pees.
- Sauté the frozen pees for approximately 5 minutes or until cooked. When done, add to the bowl of chicken and onions.
- In the same sauce pan, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add one cup of pine nuts. Sauté for a couple of minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pine nuts from the sauce pan and add to the rest of the mix.
- Peel one large potato and dice it into small cubes. Add salt to the potato to your liking.
- In the same sauce pan, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Make sure it is hot before adding the cubed potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. When done, add to the mix.
- Wash 2 cups of basmati rice with water and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Then add, curry spice 1 teaspoon. Then add, beriany spice 1/2 teaspoon.
- Before the oil gets too hot, add 2 cups of chicken stock.
- When the chicken stock comes to a boil, add the washed rice.
- Set on medium/low heat to cook the rice all the way.. Approximately 12-15 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, combine everything to it.
Cut up cubed potatoes into uniform sizes so they cook evenly.
You do not have to fry the potatoes. You can roast them in the oven 425º for 25-30 minutes.