Chicken and Saffron (Yellow) Rice
Ingredients For Chicken:
- Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
- Salt and Black Pepper (1 Teaspoon Each)
- Coriander (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- Cumin (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- Paprika (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- Ground Cinnamon (1/4 Teaspoon)
- Cardamon (1/4 Teaspoon)
- Ground Nutmeg (1/8 Teaspoon)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Water (1/4 Cup)
- Golden Raisons and Pine nuts for Garnish
Ingredients For Rice:
- Rice (2 Cups)
- Water (2 Cups)
- Salt (1 Teaspoon)
- Saffron (1/4 Teaspoon)
- Vegetable Oil (2 Tablespoon)
- Wash a whole chicken with cold water and damp dry with a paper towel.
- Season the chicken generously with all of its ingredients and rub the whole thing to make sure the marinade is well combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of water for juiciness into the roasting dish.
- Cover the chicken and set it in the oven at 350º F for 1 hour. Internal temperature should be 180º F.
- As the chicken is cooking you can make the rice.
- In a medium (8 quart) pot, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and set heat on high.
- Add two cups of water to the oil, then add saffron and salt.
- When the water comes to a boil, set the heat on medium and add the rice.
- Set the heat on medium/low for 12 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Turn the rice off when it is cooked.
- With a small non stick pan. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and add the golden raisins and pine nuts. Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Turn it off and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, cut a piece of it and set it on a plate. Add some rice and garnish with golden raisins and pine nuts.