Kale Salad W/Drench Dressing
- Kale (2 Bunches)
- Drench citrus honey vinaigrette dressing
- Pine nuts (1/2 Cup)
- Golden raisins (1/2 Cup)
- Quinoa (1/8 Cup white) (1/8 Cup red)
- Water (1/4 Cup)
- Olive Oil (1 TBSP)
- Shaved parmesan (1 Cup)
- Wash two bunches of kale and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the stems of the kale and roughly chop the kale and add to a deep bowl.
- Add the drench citrus honey vinaigrette dressing to the kale. Massage it together and let it sit while you finish working on the remainder ingredients for the salad.
- In a small deep saucepan with a lid, add 1/4 cup of water.
- When the water boils, add 1/8 cup of white quinoa and 1/8 cup of red quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Reduce the heat to medium/low. Cook the quinoa for 10 minutes.
- When the quinoa is cooked, let it sit to cool.
- In a small frying pan, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and cook 1/2 cup of pine nuts until they are golden brown. When they are cooked, set them on the side.
- In the same frying pan, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and cook 1/2 cup of golden raisins for a couple of minutes or until they are more golden brown. When they are cooked, set them aside.
- When everything is cooled off, add the quinoa, pine nuts and golden raisins.
- Add shaved parmesan for garnish.