- Kale (any kind… Lacinato or curly preferred)
- Red onion (1)
- Pomegranate (1/2 cup)
- Avocado (1)
- Quinoa (1/2 cup)
- Balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil (1/2 cup for dressing and 1/4 cup for Kale)
- Orange juice (1/4 cup)
- Dijon mustard (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Poppy seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Cut up Kale and put in a big bowl.
- Cut up a red onion roughly or into small thin strips and add to the bowl.
- Break open one pomegranate and add to the bowl.
- Add avocado. You can cut up into small or longer pieces.
- Make the quinoa and refrigerate for about 20 minutes to cool off before serving with the salad.
Directions for dressing:
1. In a small bowl, add balsamic vinegar.
2. Add olive oil.
3. Add orange juice.
4. Add Dijon mustard.
5. Add honey.
6. Add poppy seeds.
7. Add salt.
8. Mix everything, then pour over the salad.