Lemon Rice Soup
- Chicken Stock (1 Cup)
- Saffron (1/4 TSP)
- Rice (1 Cup Basmati)
- Cream of Chicken (1 Cup)
- Milk (1 Cup)
- Lemon (1 TBS)
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Vegetable Oil (1 TBS)
- Parsley Flakes for Garnish
- In a medium size saucepan with a lid, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil and set the heat on high.
- To the oil, add one cup of chicken stock, 1/4 teaspoon of saffron and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- While the stock comes to a boil, wash one cup of rice and set it aside.
- When the stock comes to a boil, add the washed rice and set the heat to medium/low temperature.
- While the rice is cooking, get another saucepan and make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, add one cup of cream of chicken from a can.
- To that, add one cup of milk.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring and let the sauce come to a simmer. Then set the heat on low.
- After it has simmered for about 3-5 minutes, add the rice to the sauce.
- Set it in a bowl and garnish the soup with freshly chopped parsley.