- Olive Oil (3 TBS)
- Shredded Noodles (1/4 Cup)
- Water (10 Cups)
- Red Lentils (2 Cups)
- Salt (1.5 TS)
- Onion (1)
- Garlic (2 Cloves)
- Curry powder (1 TS)
- Ground Cumin (1/2 TS)
- Tomato Sauce (1 Cup)
- Lemon (2 TBS)
- In a large (10 quart) sauce dish, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set heat on high.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded noodles and stir with a wooden spoon until golden brown.
- As soon as you see some color to the noodles, add the water, 10 cups.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 cups of red lentils.
- Set the heat on medium and let the lentils cook. Usually takes about 30 minutes with lid covered.
- In a small non stick skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set heat on high.
- Chop one small onion and add it to the skillet. Once you’ve added the onion, turn heat to medium.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add to the skillet.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt, curry powder, and ground cumin. Stir with wooden spoon.
- Add tomato sauce then lemon.
- Stir everything together then turn the heat off.
- When lentils are almost finished cooking, set the heat on low and add the sauce mix to the lentils. Stir everything together.
- Let it cook on low heat for about 20 minutes then turn it off.
*** TIP *** Total cooking is 50 minutes. 30 minutes for lentils without sauce. Then add sauce and cook for another 20 minutes on low heat.