Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta:
- Shrimp 1 LB (Large raw shrimp peeled and deveined)
- Dry Oregano 1 TSP
- Cayenne Pepper 1/2 TSP
- Sweet Paprika 1/4 TSP
- Red Pepper Flakes 1/4 TSP
- Fresh Lemon Juice 1 TBSP
- Shallots 2 (Small ones)
- Roasted Tomatoes OR crushed tomatoes in can/jar (2 Cups)
- Artichoke Hearts (1 Cup)
- Pitted Kalamata Olives 1/4 Cup
- Capers 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Garlic 2 Cloves
- Fresh Dill 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a medium bowl, add the raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Add all of the dry rub. Salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper, sweet paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Squeeze fresh lemon onto the bowl and combine everything together. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add vegetable oil.
- When the saucepan is hot enough, add shallots. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pitted kalamata olives, capers and fresh garlic into the saucepan.
- When you’ve combined everything, cook for two minutes.
- Then add the shrimp. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water for pasta.
- When everything is cooked, pour the pasta on a big plate. Then add the shrimp/sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.