Open Face Kufta
Ingredients For Open Face Kufta :
- Minced Beef (1 Pound)
- Egg (1)
- All Spice (1 Teaspoon)
- Salt and Pepper (1/4 Teaspoon Each)
- Breadcrumbs (1/4 Cup)
- Pita Bread (4-6) (Depending how thick layers are)
- Sumac (1/4 Teaspoon for each Bread)
- Pine nuts (1 Tablespoon for each Bread)
- Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
Ingredients For Sauce:
- Ranch (1 Cup)
- Sumac (1 Teaspoon)
- Lemon (2 Tablespoons)
- In a large bowl add the minced beef, egg, allspice, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Mix everything together.
- Take about 4-6 pieces of pita bread, depending on how flat each layer is. I recommend spreading thin layers.
- Polish the ends with olive oil.
- Sprinkle sumac and pine nuts.
- Place in the oven 350º for 20 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, garnish it with cut up cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- For the sauce, take a small bowl and mix the ranch, sumac and lemon together.