Vegetable quesadilla, mediterranean style
- Flour tortilla
- Fire roasted peppers, two large
- Chickpeas, one 14 oz can
- Tahini, 1/3 cup
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- Lemon juice, two tablespoons
- Purple onion, one
- Pitted Kalamata Olives, half cup
- Asiago cheese, half cup
- Feta cheese, half cup
- Baby spinach, one cup
Directions for roasted pepper hummus:
- In a food processor add two large fire roasted peppers.
- Add chickpeas.
- Add tahini.
- Add garlic powder
- Add salt.
- Add olive oil.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix everything in the food processor for about 2 minutes or until the humus is smooth.
Directions for the quesadilla:
- Place tortilla on a cutting board.
- Spread the fire roasted pepper humus onto the tortilla.
- Add baby spinach as the second layer.
- Chop one purple onion into half rings and add to the tortilla.
- Roughly cut up the pitted kalamata olives and add to the tortilla.
- Grate the asiago cheese and add to the tortilla.
- Add feta cheese.
- Put another tortilla on top of all the ingredients.
- In a panini maker, coat it with cooking spray so that the panini doesn’t stick.
- Place the quesadilla in a panini maker for about a minute or two or until crispy.
- Take the quesadilla out and cut into 4’s.
- Garnish with sour cream and parsley.
Enjoy Rana’s Kitchen Recipe of the day 🙂